Vintage Guitar Appraisal Service
Our “appraisal service” is different than other guitar sites, where people pay for each random appraisal, with no attention or information tailored to their needs. This service is different: for a modest subscription fee, you receive a more personalized service, including the option of sales/marketing help to sell your instrument (a service different from a routine “consignment” sale). You can choose from two options:
$39./month, billed monthly, and you receive:
- Up to 5 online instrument appraisals per year (one every 60 days, maximum, up to 5/year) for any kind of guitar (including electric guitars). Also included: informal advice emailed with each appraisal as to where/when/how the instrument might be best sold if the instrument is to be sold.
- Up to 2 informal email responses per month, giving our opinion, to questions submitted via email to us, about acoustic or classical guitars for sale online (“…is this guitar online, worth the asking price?”… “does that guitar at that dealer, or online, look original”, etc). Note this is for acoustic or classical guitars only, not electric guitars. These are informal opinions based on online photos/info, not professional advice or “appraisals”.
$89./month, billed monthly, and you receive:
- Up to 8 online instrument appraisals per year (one/month maximum, up to 8/year) )– for any kind of guitar. A PDF with the written appraisal including photos will be emailed to the instrument owner, as well as printed documents. Also included: informal advice emailed with each appraisal as to where/when/how the instrument might be best sold if the instrument is to be sold.
- Up to 4 informal email and/or text message responses per month, to questions submitted via email or text message to us, about acoustic or classical guitars for sale online (“…is this guitar online, or at that dealer, worth the asking price?”, etc). Note this is for acoustic or classical guitars or electric guitars– and it is informal opinions based on online photos/info, not professional advice or an “appraisal”.
- We will feature up to 2 of your instruments per year (acoustic or electric guitars) that you want to sell, on our web site, and promote them with web exposure, email blasts, and more. This is not a “consignment” sale– we don’t take delivery of your instrument, we promote its sale and you keep your instrument and you deal with any sales transaction, shipping to buyer, etc. We do not guarantee your instrument’s value or quality to any buyer. We do not collect or process payment for the sale. We DO promote your instrument to thousands of guitar players and collectors. The instrument offered for sale must meet our requirements: it must be a premium quality instrument up to our standards in brand, model, and condition. And we must have access to quality photos of the instrument (not cell phone photos). There is no separate “consignment fee” or listing fee for each instrument.