Martin has refined their “Authentic” series 1930’s recreations. When the first D-28A came out a about 5 years ago, it was Brazilian rosewood, with a price tag north of $20K. So when Martin decided to produce a Madagascar rosewood version, it was very welcome. In fact Martin learned from the earlier “Authentic” models and this guitar, one of the very first D-28 Authentics’s made with Madagascar rosewood, is a best of the breed– a recreation of the original 1937 D-28 model but now offered with Madagascar rosewood back and sides. And this instrument has a particularly good set of Madagascar.
- It’s in virtually unplayed, mint condition.
- Forward shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4”
- Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint – Hide Glue
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16”
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: 28 Style Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937 Barrel & Heel
- Scale Length: 25.4”
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16”
- Saddle: 16” Radius/Long Bone
Beautiful tone– great action, with saddle height to adjust action as desired.