Read the full description below. If you’re interested in this guitar, please call 512.922.8596 or contact us here.
1830’s Louis Panormo Guitar
This is a rare and wonderfully preserved guitar from the master luthier Louis Panormo, from circa 1827-1835. It is 100% original (save the bridge pins), with original finish, and the original marvelous Baker tuners.
More importantly, it plays wonderfully. We simply adjusted the nut a bit, and leveled the original frets, and it plays like it was recently made– but with a sound that only a nineteenth century Panormo can produce (listen to the sound/video clip on this listing).
It has a couple of repaired back cracks, and one well repaired top crack– amazingly little for a guitar this age.
Note the trademark Panormo, original dot markers on the neck at frets 5, 7, and 9.
- All original finish, bridge, nut, tuners, frets
- Solid Brazilian rosewood back and sides, and head plate
- Ebony bridge, and fretboard
- Spruce top
- Scale length: 25 inches (63.5 cm)
- Lower bout: 11 3/8 inches (29.3 cm)
- Upper bout: 8 ¾ inches
- String spacing at bridge: 2 ½ inches
- Nut: 47 cm
- String spacing at nut: 1 ¾ inches
- Depth of sides (bottom): 4 inches (10cm)
- Depth of sides (top): 3 ½ inches
- Body length: 17 ¾ inches
- Instrument length: 9.35 cm