Vintage Guitar Appraisal Service
Our “appraisal service” is different than other guitar sites, where people pay for each random appraisal, with no attention or information tailored to their needs. This service is different: for a modest subscription fee, you receive a more personalized service, including the option of sales/marketing help to sell your instrument (a service different from a routine “consignment” sale). You can choose from two options:
$39./month, billed monthly, and you receive:
- Up to 5 online instrument appraisals per year (one every 60 days, maximum, up to 5/year) for any kind of guitar (including electric guitars). Also included: informal advice emailed with each appraisal as to where/when/how the instrument might be best sold if the instrument is to be sold.
- Up to 2 informal email responses per month, giving our opinion, to questions submitted via email to us, about acoustic or classical guitars for sale online (“…is this guitar online, worth the asking price?”… “does that guitar at that dealer, or online, look original”, etc). Note this is for acoustic or classical guitars only, not electric guitars. These are informal opinions based on online photos/info, not professional advice or “appraisals”.
$89./month, billed monthly, and you receive:
- Up to 8 online instrument appraisals per year (one/month maximum, up to 8/year) )– for any kind of guitar. A PDF with the written appraisal including photos will be emailed to the instrument owner, as well as printed documents. Also included: informal advice emailed with each appraisal as to where/when/how the instrument might be best sold if the instrument is to be sold.
- Up to 4 informal email and/or text message responses per month, to questions submitted via email or text message to us, about acoustic or classical guitars for sale online (“…is this guitar online, or at that dealer, worth the asking price?”, etc). Note this is for acoustic or classical guitars or electric guitars– and it is informal opinions based on online photos/info, not professional advice or an “appraisal”.
- We will feature up to 2 of your instruments per year (acoustic or electric guitars) that you want to sell, on our web site, and promote them with web exposure, email blasts, and more. This is not a “consignment” sale– we don’t take delivery of your instrument, we promote its sale and you keep your instrument and you deal with any sales transaction, shipping to buyer, etc. We do not guarantee your instrument’s value or quality to any buyer. We do not collect or process payment for the sale. We DO promote your instrument to thousands of guitar players and collectors. The instrument offered for sale must meet our requirements: it must be a premium quality instrument up to our standards in brand, model, and condition. And we must have access to quality photos of the instrument (not cell phone photos). There is no separate “consignment fee” or listing fee for each instrument.
How to appraise your instrument online
- Front and back photos of the instrument (required).
- Additional photos are good too: photos of the tuners, headstock, bridge area can help us make a more informed judgement about what your guitar is worth.
Please limit file size to 25MB.
In your message, please include:
- The model and serial number of the instrument, if available. If the instrument is unlabeled, we can help determine its identity according to details of its construction.
- A brief description of its condition. Please note any cracks in the body or neck; any missing, changed, or broken parts or inlays; and the overall condition of the finish, binding (the plastic trim around the body), truss rod if available, and case.
We can accept:
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
To pay by check or money order, please Contact us to make arrangements.
Upon completion, a copy of the appraisal will be sent to you by email and the original appraisal will be sent via USPS. If you prefer to request an appraisal by regular mail, please include the items listed above along with a check or money order for $35 USD.
Your appraisal will include:
- Dating from relevant date codes, parts, and serial numbers
- Research into the history of the model
- Current market value based on our experience actively trading
- Comments on condition, originality, and impact on value
- PDF copy of appraisal by email within 3 business days
Purchase Appraisal Now
How much is my guitar worth?
Purchase an appraisal now to find out.Purchase Appraisal Now